I Met a 1972 Volkswagen Baja Beetle at a Party

And I Don’t Even Remember Her Name

Saturday night I went to a party in New Jersey and saw a beautiful 1972 VW Baja Beetle parked in the driveway.

I asked the owner, Adam Brick, if he’d show me around the car a little and he was happy to show it off. It has the oversized tires and wheels (larger in the rear), the Baja style steel tube cage welded to the front and rear, and the rear engine decklid and sheetmetal totally removed. But the best part is the 1914cc engine which apparently puts out 125 hp.

The largest standard factory Beetle engine they made was the 1.6L, that’s 1600cc; and the 1.3L (1300cc) was by far the most common on the road. So 1914cc packs a much harder punch than average. I asked him to start it up at around midnight, and we probably woke up all the neighbors on the street. It’s definitely a badass machine, my only regret is that I didn’t get to drive it around, but I don’t think any of us were sober enough for that.

Thanks to Tim Beitz for some of the drunken night time pictures, and Cindy Beitz for the sober daytime pics.
Check it:



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий